Thursday, March 19, 2009

Reflections

I have just finished my spring conferences. I was not looking forward to this. Report cards and conferences are just busy and stressful.

As the end of the first 12 hour conference day wound down, even my more delicate conferences went ok. The most greatful and appreciative family was the family that just immigrated from Kenya. They were very respectful and gave great compliments. Really good boost for my ego.

This round of report cards and conferences was not as overwhelming. I am finding that the more I get comfortable with the curriculum and know my students the less stressful things have become.

I love to see students with their parents. It either answers the why question about some behaviors or shows a side of them that I don't get to see. I always walk away with a greater sense of compassion and care for them.

I feel good about teaching today. I have the next school week planned and materials copied. I am starting two new novel groups, which I love. I had my meeting with the principal about my evaluation. Also a good ego booster. I am finding that I feel better when I get to take some time to reflect on my teaching and have some uninterrupted work time.

No comments: